During class you may want to watch your students' progress in their labs. This can be done with a lab monitoring tool.
By using lab monitoring you can see a summary about the students’ labs which includes:
- Listing of all students running labs
- Name of the lab being worked in
- Active virtual machine in the lab
- How long the lab has been running
- Amount of time since the student’s last activity was performed in the lab
You can also take actions through the lab monitoring tool like**:
- View the student’s lab as they work in it
- Take control of the student’s lab
- Share files with students
Once you are logged into the TMS, click on My Calendar at the top of any window. This will open up your Instructor Calendar. Find your class in the calendar, and click on the class name to open the Class page. You can also access your current class from the My Classes link on the top navigation bar. Click the Monitor Labs link. A new tab will open up with all your class’ active lab instances displayed with pertinent data about their labs. Click the Monitor Student link to view a student’s activity as they work in a lab. You then have the option to click the Take Control button to work through an exercise with a student.
**Monitoring labs is not available when the labs are using ESM in conjunction with Enhanced controller. You may only see the login prompt. One instance is when audio has been enabled on the VMs.