A survey is a questionnaire to allow users to report their opinions and experience. They can be added to classes and taken by students, instructors or organization administrators. Each of these users can open their survey from the class' course activities. Survey responses can be accessed from the class, course, and surveys; results can be viewed in the TMS or exported.
Surveys can be set into any of three categories: Student, Instructor or Organization. Any survey created can be added to any of these categories. The category used determines access; a Student survey is only available for students, an Instructor survey for the class' instructor(s), and an Organization survey to the organization's administrators.
Surveys display on a class under course activities, they appear to users based on their roles.
- Organizational survey – shows before class starts, as the first course activity only for organization administrators.
- Instructor survey – shows before class starts, as the first course activity only for class instructors.
- Student survey – shows to the students as the final course activity. By default, it is set to begin showing 4 hours before class ends and continue to be available for 30 days after class ends; the timing of these settings can be changed on the class.
One survey in each category can be added to a course or a class. If a survey is added to a course, then any class created using the course will automatically have the survey(s) added. When the class is created, the survey can be removed or changed as needed. Surveys can also be added directly to classes.
Survey's are created directly in the TMS; a variety of questions types are available for your design.
- Multiple choice, only one answer
- Multiple choice, multiple answers
- Single textbox
- Multiple textboxes
- Comment/Essay textbox
- Rating scale
- Matrix, one answer per row
- Matrix, multiple answers per row
If you need to have permissions to create surveys or see survey responses please request them through our Help Desk.